Senior Program Officer (Sierra Leone)
|Job Title:||Senior Program Officer||Location:||Sierra Leone|
|Department:||Length of contract:||TBD|
|Role Type:||Country Office||Grade:||Senior Program Officer|
|Travel Involved:||As Required||Direct Reports:||Manager|
|Reporting to:||Manager, International Growth, Country Office Management||Employment Type||Permanent, Full Time|
BudgIT is a global civic-tech organization leading the advocacy for fiscal transparency and accountability in public finance across Africa and beyond. BudgIT Sierra Leone applies technology to intersect citizen engagement with institutional improvement to facilitate societal change.
We are looking for a Senior Program Officer who will plan, manage and implement approaches, processes, and procedures for BudgIT’s projects using innovative tools and methodologies.
Key working relationships:
The Senior Program Officer will serve as a key member of the Country office management team and participate in organizational decisions that contribute to the implementation of its strategic vision and sustainability.
External working relationships will include government officials, donors, civil society organizations, and other non-government organizations.
● Implementation of donor-funded programs in Sierra Leone.
● Ensuring the compliance of BudgIT as a non-governmental entity in Sierra Leone.
● Support and implement BudgIT programs and activities in Sierra Leone.
● Enhancing BudgIT’s visibility as a transparency and accountability organization in Sierra Leone.
● Institutional Engagement with the government: Seek collaboration and offer direct support to the Ministry of Finance to develop an improved, easy-to-read, and interactive citizens’ budget.
● Building a coalition of Civil Society Organizations and media partnerships for advocacy to demand budget transparency.
● Contributes strategically to grant proposal writing.
● Participating in donor and other critical partnership meetings and complying with all donor procedures and policies.
● Maintain oversight of all BudgIT activities in Sierra Leone and ensure timely and proper implementation.
● Advice on programmatic design of new projects, including identification of potential local partners and beneficiaries, monitoring implementation to ensure timely completion and adherence to budget, and administrative and programmatic closeout throughout the portfolio of
Qualifications and experience:
● A relevant Bachelor’s degree
● A Master’s degree in Public Policy, Social Sciences, Humanities, or Economics is an added advantage.
● Have 5+ years of project management experience in relevant industries (non-profit organization preferred).
● Strong familiarity with budget analysis, policy research, fiscal policy analysis, and economic indices at the national and sub-national levels.
● A media background will be an added advantage.
● Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills in a range of formats, including briefings, press releases, reports, media, articles, and blogs.
● Ability to draft, proof, and edit reports is required.
● Proven ability to translate (written and verbal) complex issues into easily understandable formats for a range of stakeholder audiences.
● Proven project management skills and experience in designing, managing, and delivering high-quality projects on time.
● Competence in data mining and analysis.
● Should possess gravitas, confidence, and executive presence to gain the credibility and respect of internal and external stakeholders;
● Willingness to travel, even at short notice.
● Participates in top-level strategic planning sessions, while working with Country team members and management in the development of annual
● Proven experience managing teams and building networks and strong working relationships.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to [email protected]
using the subject title, “ Senior Program Officer (Sierra Leone).”